JTAC Website Profile:
Please ensure you have a login for this website and create a profile! Hover your mouse over "Home", click "Register/Login" and create a profile there.
QUESTION: Why do I need to do this?
ANSWER: We utilize the website for tracking and record keeping purposes along with issuing important notices to you that may fall outside the swim team season.
QUESTION: Who needs to do this?
ANSWER: Everyone! All swim team members regardless of your pool membership status.
QUESTION: Do I need to register for swim team online if I registered by paper?
ANSWER: You do NOT need to re-register for swim team. All we need is for you to create a profile on our website which includes your email address.
Please like & follow our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/jtacswim/. We post reminders, pictures, & important information often through this Facebook page. We would LOVE for you to post your own pictures, tag our page, and share our pictures & updates.
Greater Baton Rouge Swim League (GBRSL)
JTAC Swim Team now participates in this new league! You can learn more through www.swimbr.org. There are over 18 teams in the Baton Rouge, Denham Springs, and Zachary areas which participate in this league. Teams such as Kenilworth, Bocage, and The Country Club also participate.
Meets will continue to be held on Saturday mornings. As each meet gets closer, we will send important information as well as instructions, directions, etc.
I am in the process of creating our team, JTAC Swim Team, in Team Snap. Team Snap is a free app you can download on your phone/tablet. You can also login through the website from your computer, phone or tablet. The app is completely FREE to you. I have utilized Team Snap for many years and can help anyone with questions.
You will receive a notification from me in about a week with the link to create your login or add JTAC Swim Team to your account (if you already utilize it for other teams). Do NOT register or try to locate the team yet. You will receive more information from me when it is ready.
Features of Team Snap: (there are many more features but these are three main ones)
1. Communication: The app allows you to receive alerts, emails and text messages.
2. Calendar: Swim meets will be loaded into the calendar on the app. The address, map and meet information will be included for each meet.
3. Tracking: For each meet, you can indicate if your swimmer is planning to attend. Coach Tim can utilize this information to create event assignments without having to physically track us down to ask.
4. Heat Sheet: You should be able to download the heat sheet from the app as well. ** Please know that the heat sheet is dependent on the home team. So we can only publish the heat sheet if the home team gives it to us in advance and is okay with us publishing it (they may want to sell it at the meet).**
In keeping with tradition, Family Night will continue each Thursday in June at 5:30 pm.
We are utilizing Signup genius to volunteer for this service. See link below.
The only way our swim team is successful is through volunteers. Therefore, it is incredibly important to the future of our pool and swim team that all families volunteer in some way.
We have numerous opportunities available but if you have a specific idea or way you believe you could impact the team, I want to know! PLEASE contact me, Denise Brown. My contact information will be included.
** Please note that we will also be asking for volunteers for the swim meets. We will send that sign up at a later date. **
New Group “Coaches”
This new volunteer opportunity is for our younger “adults” (aka: teenagers). We will need their service for the meets on Saturdays and the responsibilities are listed below. This is an excellent preparation for those teenagers not yet ready to apply for life-guarding but intends to do so in the near future!
I have reached out to St. Joseph's Academy, Catholic High School and St. Michael's High School to see if service hours can be provided for volunteering. I will keep you updated on the result of that request.
We want at least one to two volunteers assigned to each age group for the entire meet (for example: two volunteers would be assigned the 6 and under boys group).
1. Ensure all swimmers are lined up in the right spot, the right time, & the right order.
2. Encourage swimmers to have fun and do their best!
3. Remind swimmers what stroke they are about to swim
4. Help answer questions from the swimmers.
Example: “Do I touch the wall with two hands for the butterfly?”
If unsure, the coaches will be available to answer questions if needed as well.
1. Ensure you have a username/password for this website.
2. Download Team Snap app (once we send the link) on your phone or tablet.
3. Create a login for Team Snap (once we send you the link).
4. Volunteer using the Signup Genius link.
5. Communicate with us if:
a. If your child is unable to attend a meet
b. If your child can longer attend the meet once the heat sheet is completed.
c. If your child has to leave early from the meet.
6. Know what event and heat your swimmer is listed to swim and ensure your swimmer is prepared and ready!
10 RACE RULE:
Each swimmer is to report to the team area 10 races prior to their scheduled race.
**If your swimmer is not in the appropriate team area at the appropriate time, then they run the risk of missing their event. Volunteers and coaches are no longer going to search for swimmers who are not in the designated team area. **
If your child happens to be swimming back to back events and there are less than 10 races in between (I cannot think of an instance this would happen unless they are swimming in both their age group and up an age group), then just ensure the volunteer assigned to their age group is aware and report back to the team area immediately after the race.
EXAMPLE OF 10 RACE RULE: Please reach out if you need further guidance.
Abigail is a 9 year old girl swimming in the freestyle event. She is in event 5, heat 3.